This is a meme that I participate in every year on LiveJournal. Even if you get nothing, it’s still a fun meme because it allows us to be kids again and make Christmas lists. Let’s face it, that kind of dreaming and hope is fun. So here’s my wishlist this year. If you want to make one, leave me a link and I’ll post it here.
THE ORIGINAL MEME:
Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered… whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV”). The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) can get in touch with you. Your home address is not required!
Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here’s the important part…
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf – to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not – it’s your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just… wish, and it might come true. Give and you might receive. You’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
I have listed more than 10 things.
- Shot glasses, coffee mugs, teapots. I collect these, so I would love to have some new ones to add to my very small collection.
- Crafting stuff. Knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, adult coloring books.
- Toys for Amy Pond. She’ll be 3 years old on the 21st of December. She loves squeaky toys, Kongs, pillows, blankets…basically, anything you put in front of her. She’s also a tad destructive on most things, so the less destructible, the better.
- Home repairs. I have a GoFundMe donation page set up because my house has serious issues and needs to be fixed. We’ve got leaks in the bathrooms, cracks in the walls, a broken window with a piece of metal over it, and we have to walk around on the concrete slab in most rooms because the carpet had to be taken up years ago, but we didn’t have the money to replace it. Our laundry room needs to be rewired and/or we need a new dryer because any time that we try to use it, it knocks the power off. (We have to hang dry all of our clothes in the bathroom with a space heater.) We also need a new roof and siding (some of ours has rotted) and home insurance. (We can’t get any because of the problems listed.) And at some point we’d like to have central air-conditioning back in the house so that we wouldn’t have to rely on window a/c during the summer, but that’s not as necessary as the rest of the things needing to be fixed. The city I live in can sometimes donate siding and shingles if a person has a group willing to put make the repairs, but we’ve got no one willing to do the work. Any help would be really nice, even if it’s in the form of recommendations for groups that help with this sort of thing.
- Help with my domain hosting bill. It is processed through PayPal, but the money doesn’t go to me. It goes directly to DreamHost, the company that I get my site hosted through, and is automatically applied to my account. The minimum they’ll allow is $10.
- Help with other bills. I have a GoFundMe for that as well.
- Guitar. No, I don’t expect anyone to get this for me. I would just like to learn how to play guitar sometime.
- Gift Cards. Specifically: Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Lane Bryant, iTunes, Starbucks, Target, Torrid, Walmart – Amazon for books, movies, and other things. B&N for books. Lane Bryant & Torrid for clothes, accessories, etc. Having a gift card means that I’m a lot less likely to abuse my credit card with them. Target & Walmart would be used for groceries, makeup, clothes, and conditioner. (My hair dries out easily–which leads to matting and breaking–and Target sells a conditioner that keeps it moisturized.) And iTunes for new music and, in case they never get around to bumping the song limit up, converting my music library to iTunes purchases, so that I can listen to the rest of my music collection. Starbucks is so I can get the occasional drink when I’m not at home.
- Anything from my Amazon.com wishlist. Anything on the list would be great. I’ve tried to arrange things from high to low priority, but, as you can probably figure by it simply being on the wishlist, I actually would like to have it. And if you see something on the list that you could get at a cheaper price or used, I’m good with that.
- Fandom/care packages.
- Makeup. I’m a ginger, so I have very pale skin. Any colors that look good on people with really light skin will be fine. (I’m not afraid of bright or bold colors.) I mainly wear nail polish, lipstick and eyeshadow.
- Accessories. Hats, socks, scarves, headbands, purses, barettes, necklaces, bracelets. I absolutely need a wallet. Belts if they’re made for plus-size women.
- Stuffed animal/plushies.
- Well wishes. I had knee surgery on the 3rd of December, so positive thoughts/vibes/prayers would be appreciated for that. And for me to be a bit more outgoing and less afraid to speak up for myself in the next year.
- An alarm clock that I could attach my iPod to so that I could listen to music while sleeping. Music helps me sleep,but if I keep the iPod on me when I head to bed, I end up staring at the screen all night & forgetting to sleep.
- Surprise me.
Outlander, Disney (especially Sleeping Beauty & Brave), Castle, Big Bang Theory, Orphan Black, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Star Wars, Scream Queens, OUAT, Harry Potter, Twilight, Buffy/Angel, Hunger Games, Arrow/The Flash, PLL, iZombie, Jane the Virgin, Bones, Reign, Game of Thrones, Glee, How to Get Away with Murder, The Blacklist, 2 Broke Girls, Marvel/SHIELD, Gilmore Girls, Charmed, New Girl, Project Runway, Auburn University, UNC, Hello Kitty/Sanrio, Taylor Swift, Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan
Crafts, fashion, reading, listening to music, singing, walking, cooking, hair, makeup, politics (progressive/liberal/left-wing), feminism, green living, cute stuff, photography
pink, purple, baby blue, silver, red
Either message me on here or email@example.com
Happy Holidays everyone. I hope everyone has a great rest of the year and an awesome 2016.