This is a meme that I participate in every year on LiveJournal. Even if you get nothing, it’s still a fun meme because it allows us to be kids again and make Christmas lists. Let’s face it, that kind of dreaming and hope is fun. So here’s my wishlist this year. If you want to make one, leave me a link and I’ll post it here.
THE ORIGINAL MEME:
Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered… whatever you’re comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related (“I’d love a Snape/Hermione icon that’s just for me”) to medium (“I wish for _____ on DVD”) to really big (“All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV”). The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) can get in touch with you. Your home address is not required!
Make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here’s the important part…
You needn’t spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn’t to put people out, it’s to provide everyone a chance to be someone else’s holiday elf – to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not – it’s your call. There are no guarantees with this project, and no strings attached. Just… wish, and it might come true. Give and you might receive. You’ll have the joy of knowing you made someone’s holiday special.
I have listed more than 10 things.
My list this year is a little different from past ones. I have always requested chocolate, but I developed an allergy to peanuts this last year, so I thought it might not be the best idea to request food anymore. I know it’s weird for me to mention this here.
1. Donate to any of these organizations: 1in6 ACLU, ADL, Alabama Arise, ASPCA, Black Lives Matter, CAIR, Center for Reproductive Rights, Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund, EarthJustice, EMILY’s List, GreenPeace, Guttmacher, Human Rights Campaign, Human Rights Watch, Lambda Legal, Mexican American Legal Defense Fund, NAACP and its Legal Defense Fund, NARAL, National Abortion Federation, National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, National Coalition Against Domestic Violence, National Organization for Women, NRDC, Planned Parenthood, ProPublica, RAINN, RSF, She Should Run, SPLC, Trevor Project, Union of Concerned Scientists, USA for UNHCR, Women’s Refugee Commission
I think that, given the current political/social climate, they’re going to need all of the support they can get. If you want to donate in your name, that’s fine. If you want to donate in my name, that’s fine.
2. A plush-style throw/blanket. I don’t really have any specific color or fandom requests on this.1
3. A subscription to a service like OwlCrate, InfinityCrate, or LootCrate. I have friends who subscribe to these services, and I’m always envious of them.
4. A Barkbox or LootCrate Pet subscription for Amy Pond (my dachshund/boss) because she’s my bestie. She’s not a miniature; she’s about 20 pounds.
5. Funko products featuring any of my fandoms. I have some Pop!, mugs, and a plush, and I think all of their stuff is awesome, so I’m not going to be picky about this.
6. Shot glasses. I don’t drink, I just collect them.
7. Tea pots. I also collect these.
8. Coffee Mugs. Yep, these too. I do drink coffee, though.
9. Makeup. Specifically NYX lip gloss. I’ve run out of some and broken the containers of others. I like all sorts of colors, but the browns don’t look very good on me.
10. Accessories. Hats, socks, scarves, headbands, purses, barettes, necklaces, bracelets. I absolutely need a wallet. Belts if they’re made for plus-size women.
11. Crafting and sewing stuff. Knitting, crocheting, embroidery, quilting, sewing, jewelry making stuff, adult coloring books, colored pencils, markers, beads, fabric, safety pins.
12. Obligatory teddy bear/stuffed animal request.
13. Paypal/Square donations (email for that is personal[dot]janet[at]fuzzypinkslippers[dot]com) or donations to my GoFundMe, which will help for repairs needed on my house. There’s also my Patreon, where I’m always looking for patrons.
14. Gift cards from iTunes, Lane Bryant, Starbucks, Target, Torrid, & Zenni.
15. Anything from Amazon.com wishlist. It’s fine if it’s something that’s used or that you find somewhere else.
2 Broke Girls, Angel/Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Arrowverse, Auburn, The Big Bang Theory, The Blacklist, Charmed, Dakota Johnson, Disney, Doctor Who, Friends, Game of Thrones, Glee, Gilmore Girls, Harry Potter (esp. “my house” Hufflepuff), Hello Kitty, How to Get Away with Murder, Hunger Games, iZombie, Jamie Dornan, Jane the Virgin, Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio, Marvel, Once Upon a Time, Orphan Black, Outlander, Peanuts, Pretty Little Liars, Project Runway, Scream Queens, Star Trek, Star Wars, Stranger Things, Supernatural, Taylor Swift, True Blood, Twilight, UNC, Westworld
Crafts, fashion, reading, listening to music, singing, walking, cooking, hair, makeup, politics (progressive/liberal/left-wing), feminism, green living, cute stuff, photography
pink, purple, baby blue, silver, red
If you need my address, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org