Just a few more reasons to oppose
the Talking Piece of Candy Corn Trump.
172. Didn’t correct audience member who called Obama Muslim before ranting about Muslims. Right after an audience member stated, “We have a problem in this country. It’s called Muslims. You know our current president is one. You know he’s not even an American.”, Trump said, “We need this question. This is the first question.” The audience member went on to ask, “When can we get rid of them?” Instead of correcting the audience member on both the ethnic cleansing idea and the Obama’s religion and nationality, Trump gave a vague answer about how he would look at and do plenty of things. After receiving a lot of backlash, Trump said he wasn’t “morally obligated” to defend Obama. Okay. How about being morally obligated to say that ethnic cleansing is awful? How about that?
173. Tweets sound like an adolescent. If you haven’t noticed, you haven’t been paying attention. It’s even become a joke.
174. Would shut borders on Day 1. During a Twitter question and answer session in September 2015, Trump said, “The first thing I’d do in my first day as president is close up our borders so that illegal immigrants cannot come into our country.” This was before his “total and complete shutdown” of borders to Muslims proposal after San Bernardino and the renewed call after Brussels.
175. “Why aren’t we letting ISIS go and fight Assad and then we pick up the remnants?” On 60 Minutes
Scott Pelley: We’re at war with ISIS as we sit here. How do you end it?
Donald Trump: I would end ISIS forcefully. I think ISIS, what they did, was unbelievable what they did with James Foley and with the cutting off of heads of everybody, I mean these people are totally a disaster. Now, let me just say this, ISIS in Syria, Assad in Syria, Assad and ISIS are mortal enemies. We go in to fight ISIS. Why aren’t we letting ISIS go and fight Assad and then we pick up the remnants? Why are we doing this? We’re fighting ISIS and Assad has to be saying to himself, “They have the nicest or dumbest people that I’ve ever imagined.”
Scott Pelley: Let me get this right, so we lay off ISIS for now?
Donald Trump: Excuse me, let —
Scott Pelley: Lay off in Syria, let them destroy Assad. And then we go in behind that?
Donald Trump: –that’s what I would say. Yes, that’s what I would say.
Donald Trump: If you look at Syria. Russia wants to get rid of ISIS. We want to get rid of ISIS. Maybe let Russia do it. Let ’em get rid of ISIS. What the hell do we care?
Scott Pelley: OK, that’s Syria. What do you–do in Iraq–
Donald Trump: With that–
Scott Pelley: –with ISIS?
Donald Trump: Look with ISIS in Iraq, you gotta knock ’em out. You gotta knock ’em out. You gotta fight ’em. You gotta fight ’em. You have to stand–
Scott Pelley: On the ground?
Donald Trump: –if you need, you’re going to have to do that, yes.
Scott Pelley: Troops on the ground.
Donald Trump: Yes.
176. Says Muslims believe America should be governed by shariah. Trump cited a highly flawed poll that found that 51% of American Muslims should have the choice of being governed according to shariah. That poll had come from an organization known for dubious claims and studies about the threat of shariah and used unreliable methodology. Trump used the poll’s findings to base his ban on Muslims entering the United States. Trump has also allied with individuals like Roger Stone, who accused Khizr Khan of wanting to initiate shariah and oppress women & gays, and kill Christians. If elected, Trump would be the first Facebook meme to be elected President of the United States.
177. “We have places in London and other places that are so radicalised that the police are afraid for their own lives. We have to be very smart and very vigilant.” London’s Metropolitan police responded, “We would not normally dignify such comments with a response, however, on this occasion we think it’s important to state to Londoners that Mr Trump could not be more wrong.” The Met thought that Trump’s claim was also potentially damaging, and Downing Street also criticized his message. Even Boris Johnson, who is basically a British Trump, thought the comments were “complete and utter nonsense” and remarked that “crime has been falling steadily both in London and in New York–the only reason I wouldn’t go to some parts of New York is the real risk of meeting Donald Trump.” Apparently British Trump occasionally has better sense than Donald Trump.
178. Did not say anything about Jo Cox’s death, but comments every time a story of murder linked to Muslim extremists breaks. When Jo Cox was assassinated by a man yelling “Britain first” who had supported far-right groups with similar ideologies to Trump, Trump said nothing. When fans of his celebrated her death, he said nothing. She’s been dead for over a month and he still hasn’t commented. But whenever there’s even a slight possibility that a crime has been committed by someone he thinks is Muslim, he’s won’t stop talking about it. Gee. I wonder if he’s only seeing one group as actual terrorists. What would he do if far-right terrorists here attacked left-wing advocates & politicians?
179. Called Libya Hillary’s baby, and wasn’t referring to Benghazi. On Face the Nation in January, Trump said, “She has caused death. She has caused tremendous death with incompetent decisions. I was against the war in Iraq. I wasn’t a politician, but I was against the war in Iraq. She voted for the war in Iraq…Look at Libya. That was her baby. Look. I mean, I’m not even talking about the ambassador and the people with the ambassador.” I wish someone would explain to him that his opinions on Libya don’t matter, especially since he wants to raid it for oil.
180. But he hates her for Benghazi, too. Six days after Mary Stevens, mother of Ambassador Chris Stevens, told Trump and the GOP to stop using her son’s name & death in their Benghazi witchhunt, and a month and two days after Dr. Anne Stevens said that the family doesn’t blame Clinton & requested the investigations stop, Trump said this in a written statement about Khizr Khan, “Hillary Clinton should be held accountable for her central role in destabilizing the Middle East. She voted to send the United States to war against Iraq, helped lead the disastrous withdrawal of American troops years later that created the vacuum allowing the rise of ISIS, and has never met a regime change she didn’t like (which have all been disasters) – not to mention her invasion of Libya and her abandonment of American personnel in Benghazi. The loss of these lives in Libya is directly traceable to Clinton, but their families’ testimonials were rejected by the media.” He had already used the Republican Convention as a blame-Hillary-for-Benghazi fest. Any time that he can find a way to blame her for Benghazi, he will. He doesn’t care who he hurts or ignores in the process. And he will even do so while defending his own callousness and xenophobia.
181. Once said that he loved predicting violence because you “need somebody with vision” at a rally for his campaign. “Remember this, I’m pretty good at signals and I see a lot of things happenin. One thing I see out there, just happened today, in Tehran, they’re burning down the Saudi embassy, you see that? Now, what that is — is Iran wants to take over Saudi Arabia, they always have. They want the oil, okay, they’ve always wanted that. You watch, I predicted a lot of things, you have to say, including, get the oil, take the oil, keep the oil. Right? I’ve been saying that for three years, and everyone said, ‘Oh, I can’t do that, this is a sovereign country.’ There is no country, they have a bunch of dishonest people, “>they’ve created ISIS. Hillary Clinton created ISIS with Obama; created with Obama. But I love predicting because you know, ultimately, you need somebody with vision.” Not only is his statement on the creation of Daesh incorrect, his love of predicting violence is disgusting and he sounds like a cult leader when he talks about the signals that he can see. Or, he’s just an asshole. Either way, don’t vote for this guy.
182. Says Hillary & Obama created Daesh. Long before Katrina Pierson re-wrote history and blamed Hillary Clinton & Barack Obama for the death of Humayun Khan as well as the creation of Daesh, Trump himself was touting it. The quote from the previous reason was all the way back in January. He’s blamed one or both: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here.
The third person stuff he does must stop.
183. Wants Hillary to disarm bodyguards. He’s repeatedly stated that he wants her Secret Service detail to be unarmed based on her gun control stance. A statement that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Clinton could easily say that since he actually doesn’t believe in Freedom of Speech, Press, or Religion, he shouldn’t talk, do interviews, or go to church. I bet he wouldn’t like that.
184. Calls Mexico the new China. One of the lesser known Netflix shows. No, wait. It’s just a Trump claim.