- the slut-shaming
- the suggestions that women who date or befriend womanizers need protecting
- the kisses and other acts (including anal, oral, or vaginal sex) that female characters say they don’t want from aggressive male characters
- the continuing complaints of the male BFF that he wants more than a friendship
- that same BFF actively trying to sabotage the relationship of his BFF and her boyfriend
- labeling male characters who participate in these activities as “nice guys”
This kind of stuff perpetuates a culture where women are disrespected, are afraid, and believe that their feelings/boundaries do not matter. That they do not matter. It harms anyone who sees the normalization of this crap. And crap is putting it very nicely.