I thought I’d post this meme again this year, though I do not expect to get anything. It’s just fun (for me) to make wishlists.
Make a post to your blog, tumblr, facebook, myspace, what have you. The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really want and that people can see the post. If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just an email address at which you can be contacted by potential wish-granters. Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your post, so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list/blogroll/RSS feeds (or friends friends, or just random places ) to see who has posted their list. If you have a list be sure to leave it in my comments section so I can view your wishes! If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
If you actually want to get me anything listed here, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I don’t expect anything, but I thought it might be fun to post it.
- Amazon.com wishlist – I think that I’ve got it as up to date as possible.
- Gift cards (iTunes, PetSmart, Target, Walmart, and Kroger) – I have a tendency to buy music when I can’t necessarily afford it, so it would be nice if I had an iTunes card to help me not blow money that should go to pay for bills. PetSmart would, of course, be used for food for the dogs. My parents and I sometimes have issues with having enough money for groceries, so Walmart and Kroger gift cards would enable us to pay for food.
- Chocolate – Hi, my name is Janet and I am a chocoholic. Even though I usually prefer dark to milk, I’m less likely to get sick or have massive migraines on milk chocolate, so I’d rather have some form of milk chocolate. I don’t like peanut butter or artificial cherry flavoring, so I’d prefer not to have any chocolate with those flavorings.
- Clothes/shoes/pajamas – I don’t have many clothes or shoes anymore, other than some ratty pajamas, a pair of sandals, and a couple of shirts and pairs of pants. I wear 8 1/2 Wide to 9 in shoes. Clothing is a little more difficult. Tops are generally 3X in Juniors (and some Women’s) and sometimes 2X in Women’s. Pants and shorts generally need to be about 2 sizes larger. Used clothing is fine. Actually, used would be great. If there is anything you just need to get out of your closet, then just send it along.
- Paid time/icon packages on LiveJournal– I think that my account is paid through February, but my icon packages expired about a month ago. I’d had 3 packages, so I’d like to have them back–even if only for a short time. (Also: would love to have my Flickr Pro account and Premium Membership on deviantART back — DA has a donation pool thing, so the donation can be super small.)
- Web host payment help – I have several domains that I use for different purposes, including one that hosts my graphics and caps for my graphics community likesototallyme. A few years ago I decided to try a VPS (virtual private server) on a free weekend and, long story short, I found out I used so many resources that I had to stay on the VPS, which is more expensive. A few months ago, after uploading craploads of caps, I had to up my resource load so the price went up. Even just a little help would be great.
- Stuffed animal – I love cute, cuddly things, so even though it is childish, I would be ever so grateful for a stuffed animal.
- Books. – I love to read and sometimes it is all I have the energy to do, so I would love to have some new books to check out. Used books are great–as long as there aren’t any missing pages and it isn’t so marked up that it is illegible, I’d love to have it.
- The newest versions of Paint Shop Pro & Photoshop. – That’s a pipe dream, I know, but it would be nice to have newer versions than the ones I have. (I’ve got Photoshop CS2 and the only PSP that I seem to get to work lately is 7, even though I used to have discs for X and X2)
- Make a donation to charity. – It would be incredibly awesome if you donated to one that I like, i.e. ASPCA, AARDA, the Human Rights Campaign, Doctors Without Borders, NARSAD, the Southern Poverty Law Center, or the National Organization for Women Foundation. Even if it is only a few dollars or your time, that would be enough.
- Christmas card or a letter. – I can’t promise that I’ll write back, because if I do promise that, then it generally means it will never happen. Basically, I’d like to hear from someone who lives outside of my house.
- Blankets – My temperature likes to fluctuate, so I like to have a blanket nearby.
- My family to feel better. – We are all suffering from or dealing with differing ailments, so it would be nice if one day we didn’t have to suffer from them.
- To go one week without being hacked or have something quit working. – Lately things have either quit working or have gotten hacked on a pretty much weekly basis. It would be nice to get through at least a week without something bad happening.
- A ticket to see Breaking Dawn – I still haven’t seen it and it would be really nice to see it, since I enjoyed that book.
- A maid or a bulldozer or just some way to have a clean house – My house is a complete mess and I think it being this bad is part of what is making my family so sick.
- Surprise me! – As a control freak, this one is probably the most worrisome wish I could go with.