So, today (yesterday actually) was day number 2 of the 10 Day Challenge. The topic for Day 2 is:
Day 2: Nine Things You Can’t Live Without
I could go all materialistic and say nine things that (truth is) I could probably do without. I’ll try not to do that.
- My parents: Even when we don’t get along, I still love them so much that it is hard to envision a time when they wouldn’t be in my life.
- My puppy babies: I always thought that I was a cat person, but it has become quite evident over the past 10 years that I’m quite good at being part of “a pack”.
- The ability to read: I know that the possibility to go blind or to have some kind of life-altering brain injury could happen, but I can’t imagine being me and being unable to read.
- The ability to listen to and appreciate music: For the love of God, I’m not referring to the teenage thing known as the Bieber. I’m talking real soulful or beautiful or life-altering music. Music that touches the depths of a person either by its message or by the musician’s talent/skill.
- My sense of humor: Some people might not think of me as being funny. I think, though, that they just cannot appreciate my type of wit.
- The friends and family that I have that care as much for me as I do for them:This group of people should know who they are, but I don’t know that they know just how much they mean to me. Whether it’s checking on me when they notice I haven’t been online for a while (for some that’s a day and others a few weeks) or send me a birthday wish or telling a joke on one of those days when I’m just completely blue. These people are important. These people matter. They (you) should know that.
- Therapy: The first time I went to therapy, I was 8. I’m 27 now. I’m still crazy, and I can’t imagine a time happening where I won’t need therapy in order to make it from day to day.
- My fear of slugs: This fear will never go away. I figure that if it ceases to affect me, then I will cease to be the Janet that most people know and love or, for some, know and loathe.
- My fangirl tendencies:I’ve got to be a fangirl. That’s just who I am. It’s how I roll. Like it or lump it, folks!