Make a post to your blog, tumblr, facebook, myspace, what have you. The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really want and that people can see the post. If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it’s your address or just an email address at which you can be contacted by potential wish-grantors. Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your post, so that the holiday joy will spread.
Surf around your friends list/blogroll/RSS feeds (or friends friends, or just random places ) to see who has posted their list. If you have a list be sure to leave it in my comments section so I can view your wishes! If you see a wish you can grant, and it’s in your heart to do so, make someone’s wish come true. Sometimes someone’s trash is another’s treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don’t want or a gift certificate you won’t use–or even know where you could get someone’s dream purebred Basset Hound for free–do it.
If you actually want to get me anything listed here, email me at email@example.com. I don’t expect anything, but I thought it might be fun to post it.
- Make a donation to a charity. It would be incredibly awesome if you donated to one that I like, i.e. ASPCA, AARDA, the Human Rights Campaign, Doctors Without Borders, NARSAD, the Southern Poverty Law Center, or the National Organization for Women Foundation. Even if it is only a few dollars or your time, that would be enough.
- Canvas bags My mom loves to use these when shopping. She’s amassed quite a collection of some local stores, but it would be cool if she had some that were from other places.
- Auburn shirts (Size XXL) My dad loves Auburn shirts or any kind of Auburn memorabilia.
- Recipes/Cookbooks I don’t usually feel like cooking from scratch, but I like to have the option of cooking that way sometimes. It would be nice to have some more variety to the cookbooks that we have. Even if it’s a few notecards of your favorite recipes or an email of them, that would be great.
- Hosting donation I know it probably seems crass, but it would help.
- Vampire/Supernatural Novels I absolutely love to read, and stories related to all things supernatural are more my cup of tea.
- Gift Cards I would prefer to have some for iTunes, Amazon, or Starbucks. Music is one of the ways that I really get relaxed, so the iTunes one would help with that. Amazon would great if I could ever figure out what to get my dad for Christmas. Starbucks is basically because I haven’t gotten many good coffee drinks in a while.
- Amazon.com wishlist It’s a universal wishlist. So, there’s a lot to choose from.
- Stuffed animals Yes, at 26, I still love them. I have determined that my love for stuffed animals, esp. teddy bears, is not going to go away anytime soon.
- Christmas card or a letter I can’t promise that I’ll write back, because if I do promise that, then it generally means it will never happen. Basically, I’d like to hear from someone who lives outside of my house.
- Blankets My temperature likes to fluctuate, so I like to have a blanket nearby.
- Chocolate I really shouldn’t eat it, but I would love to have some for Christmas. Just one thing: no peanut butter. The only kind of chocolate that I like that has “peanut butter” in it is the PB M&M’s.
- A lapdesk with cooling fans/pad I’ve had a laptop for a while now, but I would really like to be able to actually hold it in my lap. And I used to have a cooling pad, but I haven’t had one that worked in a while.
The Lists of Others
If you want your list, comment here with your link.