I haven’t done Friday 5 in a long time. I used to do it all the time, but I can’t even remember the last time I participated.
- What’s something good that there are thirteen of?: There are around 13 versions of the Leonard Cohen song “Hallelujah” that are worth listening to
- Have you known any black cats?: Yeah. I had 2 black cats growing up, Snowflake and Blizzard.
- Among people you know, who seems to have an uncanny knack for games of chance?: Oddly, I do. I have sucky luck when it comes to day-to-day things, but with games of chance, I’m extremely lucky
- It seems to me that while people seem to have all kinds of tokens of good luck, such as lucky articles of clothing or lucky rituals or lucky figurines, nobody has a lucky food. What would make a really good good-luck food, and what would seem to be a bad-luck food?: I think a lucky food would probably be something that a person eats as part of a routine before certain events. I’m sure that there are some meals that professional athletes would probably see as their lucky food. Bad luck food would probably be garlic or beans because of the social ramifications.
- Not that any of us believes in luck, but what’s something that happened this week that seems to have been very lucky for you?: My mom has some minor income that’s going to start coming in soon, which will help out with some things around the house. I think that’s pretty lucky.